This is how I configured a wireless network -
- Downloaded and installed ndiswrapper from Linuxpackages site.
- Copied the card drivers from Windows. The drivers are bcmwl5.inf and bcmwl5.sys.
- Then I installed the drivers using ndiswrapper as
$ ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf
- To check whether the drivers have been properly installed, issue the following command
$ ndiswrapper -l
the driver should be listed here.
- Then we have to make sure that /etc/rc.d/rc.netdevice loads ndiswrapper
- Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 to incorporate the wireless card details like essid, key etc.
- unload the following modules - b43 and ssb using the following commands
$ sudo modprobe -r b43 ssb
- Load bcm43xx and ndiswrapper
$ sudo modprobe bcm43xx
$ sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
- Restart the network as
$ sudo /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 wlan0_restart
- Bring up the wlan0 interface as follows -
$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up